Choosing the Right Dallas DWI Attorney
What is a DWI?
Under Texas statutory law, an individual who operates a motor vehicle while intoxicated in a public place is guilty of a DWI. By law, any person twenty-one years old or older that has a blood alcohol content of at least 0.08% is intoxicated. Any commercial driver with a blood alcohol content of 0.04% is intoxicated. Any person under twenty-one who has any detectable amount of alcohol is intoxicated.
Why Do You Need a DWI Attorney?
When being charged with a DWI, an individual faces penalties such as:
• Court costs
• Jail time
• Community service
• License suspension or revocation
• Driving privilege restrictions
• DWI or traffic school
• Alcohol abuse treatment
• Loss of employment
• Increased car insurance rates
With the assistance of an experienced DWI attorney, offenders have an increased chance of minimizing DWI penalties. Being represented by a DWI attorney can be of great assistance through the legal process. A DWI attorney will help an offender from the time of arrest to the resolution of the case, working in his or her favor to assure the best result possible.
How to Choose the Right Dallas DWI Attorney
Once an individual has made the decision to hire a DWI attorney, it is important to take into consideration the following factors through the selection process:
• Seek an attorney who focuses on DWI defense
• Seek an attorney who practices in Dallas County as he or she is likely to be most familiar with the area laws and adjudication processes
• Consider how much experience the attorney has in and out of the courtroom
• Consider the results of past DWI cases handled by the attorney
• Seek references about your potential attorney
• Make sure the attorney is able to provide you with information about your case (such as challenges, possible outcomes, etc.)
• Consider potential costs from the case
• Consider the attorney’s credentials
Have You Been Charged With a DWI in Dallas?
A DWI is a serious offense that may jeopardize your ability to get a new job, reduce your chances at getting into college or graduate school, impose financial difficulties, and put a heavy burden on you and your loved ones. If you have been charged with a DWI in Dallas, it is important that you seek an experienced criminal defense attorney to assist you in challenging your DWI charge. Here at the Wilder Firm, we have helped individuals charged with driving while intoxicated crimes ranging from first-time offenders to intoxication manslaughter and have a proven track record of success. Our team of attorneys is highly qualified in the industry and is confident in our abilities to defend you through the DWI process. When working with the trial lawyers at the Wilder Firm, you will be provided with highly experienced, knowledgeable attorneys that will ensure that your DWI proceedings will go smoothly with the use of our aggressive, client-focused defense strategies. Contact the Wilder Firm today to schedule your free consultation.
The Top 4 Dangers of Hiring Cheap Lawyers in Dallas
The Romeo & Juliet Law in Texas: How It Works
Contact Us for
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Sign up to our newsletter and get the latest tips